Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
- Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
- Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
- Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
What is Pass It On about?
- Pass It On is about creating 'public domain' companies that will give citizens their right to work back, so they can have a private economy to support themselves and their families.
- Pass It On starts up companies that are obliged by contract to create new companies: Democratic, self-reliant, sustainable companies, with profit sharing.
Why Pass It On?
Because the gap between population growth and job growth is widening, which means that job creation – in the existing economy – is not able to keep up. In short this means: hunger, powerty, migration, insecurity and in the end violence.
This gap is not remedied simply by state taxation of the richest 1 % or of the rich, as many suggest. It is not, because this suggestion does not address a production structure and economy that is not sustainable and that is not self-reliant. The rich are not evil persons. What we are facing is a systemic error. A system of which even the mid-income and low- or no-income poor is a part.
We need to make an economy that is capable of creating jobs just as fast as the population growth; an economy that is capable of spreading the wealth created, at the same time as it is being sustainable and self-reliant.
- InTurningPoints we believe that what is needed is that participation in work is just as available as the participation in the democratic process.This will expand social security and social cohesion.
- In TurningPoints we believe that in order for jobs to create more jobs, work – and companies – should not be allowedto be monopolized as they are today. Economic monopolies stop jobs from spreading and monopolizes wealth, that needs to be spread.
- In TurningPoints we believe - like the UN - that every human being should have access to work that makes him or her the center of his or her own life: self-reliant. This self-reliance and self-awareness will make it possible for economic and creativeempathy to grow, because we will be able to see and hear the ideas of other persons or groups without feeling that it will take away income and markets. This openness to ideas will set free a new creativeness. This will cause a need of knowledge and craftsmanship, which therefor will grow.
- In TurningPoints we believe that empathy, creativity, selv-reliance and craftsmanship will create or come hand in hand with the values of sustainability. If you live close to your products and the customers and see that their quality is low or if you see it makes the customers unhappy, this will affect your production and product.
- In TurningPoints we believe that is is necessary for humanity to take back control over economy and production - contrary to economy taking control over human life.
In stead of starting up an NGO that has its full focus on the shortcomings of the old economy and is fully engaged in criticizing the past, telling the old economy and the old companies what not to do, TurningPoints is occupied with what to do; with thinking up new concepts, with building new companies, with creating networks, with the gathering and sharing of new experience as we become more companies and are getting bigger and learn how this all works.
In TurningPoints we believe that eventually people in their choice between jobs will start to choose companies built on a Pass It On concept because of its ownership, its leadership, its economic transparency, its sustainability and its self-reliant creativity that each person of the company will learn from.
As our traditional development activities are not achieving the desired results, the desire and curiosity to help will come from Pass It On companies that will contact new partners and help them set up new companies. This could mean financial support in the beginning, but as the goal is self-reliance there will be an exit strategy, or it could mean experience support of an older Pass It On company. This way the ‘helped’ will help the younger ones. This is not only a process of expense and giving, because through this giving of your wealth and experience, you as a company actually get something back: you learn something about yourself and thus grow in wisdom – and you also get a lot of good supportive friends and a strong helpful network.
Pass It On – Setting Free Creativity and Economy
As stated previously, the purpose of the ‘Pass It On’ concept is to generate companies and jobs that iterate this proces and generate new companies and jobs world wide. It does so by creating companies that are 'public domain' or self-owned – that is: they are owned by their owner-workers, but only as long as they work there; the companies cannot be sold for profit; and they are obliged by contract to ‘give birth’ to new companies abiding the same conceptual fremework, but producing other services or products. The Pass It On concept serves the UN Article 23 that every person has the right to have a job. A job which they can live from, and in which they thrive.